Grilled Salmon Skewers with Creamy Dill Dipping Sauce
This was such a light and amazing dinner! Grilled salmon skewers in a lemon and summer savory marinade, lightly steamed cauli-rice with parsley and wilted spinach. I made these skewers for the first time on vacation this summer up at our cottage and it also happens to fit perfectly into the 21 Day Sugar Detox Diet and Autoimmune Protocol.
Salmon and dill go hand and hand! This dill dipping sauce pairs perfectly! I have an amazing Creamy Dill Dressing on the blog already, but I wanted to make a dip compliant with the Autoimmune Protocol; so instead of using hemp hearts I used the cream from full fat coconut milk.
I am almost finished my 21 days on the sugar detox and I feel great! No energy drop during the day, no mood swings, and I have already lost 8lbs with 1 week still to go. I also feel so much less “puffy”, my husband complimenting how much slimmer my face looks these days.
For more information you can check out these resources:
- 2 large-ish salmon fillets skin removed
- The juice of 2 lemons
- 1tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 5-6 stems of fresh summer savor or thyme leaves removed
- 12 skewers soaked in water
- Cut the salmon fillets into even bite sized chunks, set aside.
- Place all other ingredients into a small blender and blend smooth
- Place the salmon in a Ziploc bag or bowl and coat with the lemon marinade.
- Set in the fridge for several hours or over night.
- Heat grill to a medium high heat.
- Assemble 2 chunks of salmon per skewer.
- Cooke for approx. 5 minutes per side.
- ½ cup of coconut cream from the top of a can of full fat coconut milk
- The Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Several tablespoons of fresh chopped dill (to taste, I used 3+)
- Place all of the ingredients in a small blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve on the side.