Blueberry Cardamom Muffins | Grain-Free & Nut-Free
If you follow along on Instagram you will have noticed some pictures of the kids and me picking blueberries twice this season! We love blueberries!
Blueberries have the most antioxidant value out of all fruits and vegetables and they can actually improve your memory according to WHF.
We pick as many as we can each year, making jams, sauces , freezing and drying them. My youngest and I are sensitive to strawberries. I can be sensitive to raspberries, but everyone seems to be ok with blueberries. We really can’t get enough of them in our house while they are in season and they are much cheaper when we pick our own. There is an amazing organic blueberry farm called Wilsons Organic Blueberry Farm just an hour from where we live. It is in Tweed Ontario. Their berries are HUGE and the bushes are just beaming with berries, making them so easy to pick.
Last year I shared with you an amazing Blueberry Lavender Granita, and this week I paired the sweet blueberries with the fragrant spice cardamom. As with the lavender, the flavor combination of blueberries and cardamom works really well! I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Prepare a muffin pan (line or grease)
- in a medium bowl combine the sunflower seed flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour, cardamom and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, apple sauce and lemon juice.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix to combine, remove any lumps. Stir in the blueberries.
- Using a ¼ cup scoop, divide the batter among the muffin tins.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow them to cool slightly before removing from the pan