Artichoke Heart & Caper Chicken Salad Radicchio Cups
This was an instant favourite in our house; for dinner, lunch at home or packed up on the go. My kids gobble this up at school! We eat this chicken salad at least once a week! I fell in love with the combination of chicken, artichokes and capers after making a recipe from the cookbook Practical Paleo for oven roasted chicken legs. I love the tangy flavour these ingredients bring together.
I have made the recipe several different ways; you can’t go wrong; carrots, peppers, bacon, apple, grapes. I kept this salad compliant with the Autoimmune Protocol by using chopped julienned carrots. To make this fit with the 21 Day Sugar Detox, use red pepper instead… or skip it all-together if you are doing both programs at the same time. I add these ingredients just to give some crunch and colour. Also, I add a little bit of mayo to give it a creaminess, but you can totally skip this step if you wish.
This recipe is Paleo, Gluten and Grain Free, AIP, 21DSD and Dairy-Free
- 1.5 cups diced cooked chicken
- ¼ cup finely diced red onion
- 1 small carrot julienned and cut into small pieces (or ½ a diced red bell pepper)
- 4-5 artichoke hearts (I used canned in water) diced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1-2 tablespoons mayo (optional)
- sea salt and pepper to taste.
- 6 Radicchio leaves
- Place all ingredients, except the radicchio leaves in a large bowl and combine.
- Place a scoop if salad into each Radicchio cup and serve.
- Store salad in an air tight container in the fridge.