Creamy Caesar Salad Dressing
I love Caesar Salad. It was my favourite salad as a child. I think that’s pretty common, with all the crunchy croutons and parmesan cheese goodness, kids don’t even know they are eating lettuce! This salad can easily turn into one of the most unhealthy salads ever, once you start adding in all of the extras. Here, I kept things really simple; Romaine lettuce, mushrooms and toasted Raw Sunflower Seeds to give it a little crunch. Chicken or shrimp would be a wonderful addition.
This recipe contains raw eggs, which are not recommended for children or pregnant women. Heck, some people suggest it is not recommended for anyone; you can use your own judgment. Be sure you use top quality fresh eggs.
If you are looking for an egg free alternative, Check out this recipe that uses Hemp Hearts.
- 2 egg yolks
- 2-3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tsp. yellow mustard
- ¼ tsp. horseradish
- 2-3 tsp. anchovy paste or 1-3 anchovy fillets
- ½ tsp. dried parsley
- ½ tsp. sea salt or to taste
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- In a blender add all of the ingredients except the extra virgin olive oil and blend to combine.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge.
- I would personally only keep it for 2-3 days
- makes one large buffet salad or several dinner salads.